August 01, 2016 By: m

I Should Probably Learn Ship Building

"So, mortal, you think you can predict the weather?  I, Thor, God of Thunder, laugh at your foolishness."

There was a 30% chance of rain in yesterday's forecast, and wasn't it just yesterday that I posted about planting some seeds and saying that from here on out, we wouldn't likely be getting the rains we have to date?  Yes, I think that was me.  The same me who was down in the flooded basement for two hours this morning squeezing ten to twelve gallons of water out of the area rugs.  It's still raining as I write this, and I just dumped 3-1/4" out of my garden rain gauge.

My hot pepper plants were on the horizontal, but still turgid.  Nothing else seemed to be troubled, but I bet the thyme and sage are thinking about crying uncle.

So....no gardening today, I'm gonna say.

How do you know if your tomatoes are ripe?  Somebunny will let you know.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for your interest and your comments.