July 02, 2022 By: m

Flowers, flowers, flowers


All the flowers are blooming beautifully, including vegetable and fruit flowers. There are a few more green beans to harvest, and salad greens, but now I'm just awaiting melons and tomatoes. So this post is more or less another photo dump.

'Tasty Bites' cantaloupe

'Marketmore' cucumber

Left to right: 'Carmine splendor' okra, 'Omero' cabbage, pink celery

cactus zinnias

'Señorita' cactus zinnia

honeybee on corn poppy

honeybees on 'Hens and Chicks' annual poppy

'Neptune' rose

'Ollie Flamingo' daylily

assassin bug on chrysanthemum

hollyhock

I started this blog with a vegetable garden that I arranged in a way so as to be as nice to look at as to eat from.  That's why I called it "The Ornamental Vegetable Garden" - ornamental in the sense that the vegetables were grown as much for an ornamental purpose as a food source.  Now, however, the vegetable plots are about a third of the entire garden I've cultivated, as I've become addicted to the actual ornamentals.  It happened so quickly!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for your interest and your comments.